Do you need a car loan, but can’t get financing due to bad credit? There are still ways to get a car loan, even when banks and dealerships can't help. This article will help you figure out how to get an auto loan with bad credit.
What Credit Score Do You Need To Get A Car Loan?
Many lenders require a credit score above 650 to get a standard car loan. However, if you have a credit score of 550, 480 or even lower, and the bank or dealership denies your application, it is still possible to get a car loan.
In fact, there is no score that is officially too low to get a car loan. Here at Mike Carlson Motor Co (MCMC Auto), we do not look at your credit score when approving an auto loan.
You may be able to get a car loan with bad credit from MCMC Auto, as long as you:
- are not currently in bankruptcy,
- have a driver’s license or government issued ID, and
- have stable income of $2000+ a month after rent and bills (your take-home pay)
Some things you DON’T need at MCMC, that you might need to get a car loan at most other dealerships, are:
- a cosigner
- extensive employment history over 6 months
- previous loans
- education history
- a phone bill
- a list of personal references
Getting A Car Loan With MCMC
MCMC has 4 locations to buy used cars in DFW:
- Haltom City
- Fort Worth - off Jacksboro Hwy
MCMC Auto is here to help you get approved for a car loan and get you driving your own vehicle as quickly and simply as possible. Take the first step, and fill out an application to get 100% approved online. Check out our 4.8+ star rating on Google from almost 5000 people.
Answering your Car Loan Questions
Our customer service agents are here to help you get complete our online application to get approved. We do pull your credit, which is generally a single credit pull with Experian, not several, like most other companies. Any questions you have will be answered, and, in the meantime, we have lots of information on our Frequently Asked Questions page as well. Unlike most other lenders, we report your pay history to all major credit to the bureaus each and every month.
Can I Get A Car Loan If I Am in Bankruptcy?
You will not be able to get a car loan if you are currently in bankruptcy. However, once you are discharged from bankruptcy, it will not impact your ability to get a car loan with MCMC Auto.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Get A Car Loan With MCMC
Follow our MCMC Auto step-by-step guide to get approved for a vehicle in minutes:
- First, fill out this form with your information, and a company representative will contact you immediately during business hours.
- A link will be sent automatically to the contact information provided. You'll need to provide a few documents to complete the application:
- proof of income and residence (a recent piece of mail) - must be provided before a final approval can be given
- a valid government issued ID, such as a Driver's License - must be provided to submit the application
- Create an account and complete the 6-step application in minutes
- We’ll process your application to verify your income, identification, residence and confirm you’re not currently in active bankruptcy.
- Finally, we'll call you to complete a short phone interview to ask any questions the MCMC Auto underwriting team has.
So You’ve Been Approved For A Car Loan
- Once our underwriting team has finalized an approval for you, we’ll call you to discuss the terms of your approval, including your required down payment amount, all your vehicle options, and insurance requirements/options. Next is the fun part: time to start shopping for a used car
At MCMC, you can browse and find the perfect car with in-house financing, with many brands and models to choose from.
Browse used cars:
Get a Car Loan For Ford Vehicles Even with Bad Credit
Buy Used Honda Vehicles with Bad Credit
Buy Used Toyota Vehicles Here and Pay Here
Buy Used Nissan Vehicles Even with Bad Credit
Buy Used Chevrolet Vehicles with Bad Credit
Buy Used Jeeps Even with Bad Credit
Picking Out A Vehicle With Your Car Loan
- We’ll arrange a time at MCMC’s nearest location to maximize your time in the office, where you can browse our selection and make a decision.
- In less than 1 hour we can complete the entire car loan process.
- Despite our thorough presale care and inspection of all cars, we recommend you include our Service Contract.
Refer Your Friends For Extra Savings
Once you drive away in your car, you can use our referral program to help your friends get their own cars too, and save money in the process.